medspa inside Jordan thomas salon and spa 16B Bel Air South Parkway, Bel Air, MD
We participate with Allergan's Brilliant Distinctions Program.
Click below to save on Botox treatments at Chesapeake Skin Solutions!
Jeuveau (commonly referred to as Newtox) is a FDA-approved product that is almost identical to Botox - approved for use on the "11" lines between the brow. Chesapeake Skin Solutions was one of the first practices in Maryland to use Jeuveau in June 2019. Over the past year, we have had a lot positive feedback from our clients - most say it even kicks in a little faster. Both Botox and Jeuveau use the same dosing and produce the same results, but a European study showed Jeuveau to be 4-8% more potent than Botox, which equates to longer duration in some patients. Jeuveau has the same molecular weight as Botox but is manufactured with newer technology which may account for its longer duration.
Botox Cosmetic is a non-surgical treatment that temporarily diminishes frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet lines around the eyes producing a smoother complexion. Approved by the FDA, Botox is a purified form of botulinum toxin that is injected in tiny amounts into the appropriate muscle to relax and thus diminish or eliminate the wrinkle line or furrow. Botox is also FDA approved to treat the symptoms of severe underarm sweating (axillary hyperhidrosis) when topical medicines used on the skin do no work well enough.
Call for a Free Consultation: 443-686-8062
Who can have Botox or Jeuveau?
You should not have Botox injections if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients, an infection at the planned injection site, a disease that affects your muscles and nerves, are pregnant or breast-feeding, or several other reasons. If you are considering Botox, our medical team will talk with you about any concerns that may apply.
How long before I see results?
You should see improvement in your facial wrinkles and frown lines within a week of receiving your Botox injections.
How long do results last?
Results vary from person to person, but on average, improvement from Botox injections lasts three to four months. Many of our clients find that they can go longer between treatments and need fewer units injected after several sessions.
- To minimize the chance of bruising from the Botox injection do not take any aspirin, ibuprofen or similar products (Advil, Motrin, Aleve) for 1 week prior. Also avoid fish oil, Vitamin E, and gingko biloba for 1 week prior.
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also, bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- Remain upright for 4 hours after injection (you may lie in a reclined position, just do not lay flat).
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection.
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead.
- Refrain from aerobic exercise that increases your heart rate greatly (running, swimming, bicycling, etc…) for 24 hours following injections. Walking or other low impact forms of exercise are fine.
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24 hours after injections. Washing your face and applying make-up is fine. Please avoid using a Clarisonic facial cleanser, have a facial, put your face in a massage cradle, or be face down in a chiropractor’s chair for 24 hours following the injection.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements, or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection.
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15 minutes every hour to decrease bruising.
- The most common side effect is headache with Botox injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Botox will gradually take effect over 7-10 days with optimum result at 2 weeks. If this is your first Botox injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2 weeks after your injection.
Please call the office if you have any questions - 443-686-8062.